Our Volunteer lead Santa Cruz Sweaty Sheep Program continues to grow, but not without you!!!
Email Ryan@sweatysheep.com if you’d like to learn more about the program or have an interest in leading any number of fun, formative, playful meet ups/intentional communities! We want everything from board games to dancing, Art to hiking, sailing and surfing to knitting and sipping… Get creative and playful… and help us create a holistic community of intentional recreation.
Our Goal is to create a culture of ‘Compassion’ by uniting in ‘Common-Passions’… Using play as the “Common-Unity’ of a more cohesive ‘Community!”
Don’t read any further before you Facebook “Friend” us … everyone loves friends and you don’t want to miss an impromptu surf, sail, or hike invite!!!!
- Keep up with our new art initiative!!! Follow: Click 4 the TGIF event page!
- EVERY FRIDAY AT 6PM JOIN OUR ZOOM TGIF ‘CREATING WITH CREATOR’ HAPPY HOUR ART SERIES!
- Take a look at our puppet making playday from May 8th and don’t miss a TGIF happy hour moving forward! https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/3fR7cvb0xGFLGLfy12P1ZZ4AOaq9eaa82ygW-vAOnU1ogl5yc16wLWkrKNN7TOKT Password: 1W%6%#=5
- Unbuntu Acres Gardening days at ‘Common Roots Farm‘: Tuesdays and Fridays 10-2pm. (activities for all!!!). 335 Golf Club dr. (ON HOLD FOR COVID… contact us to order strawberries in the meantime!!)
- Wednesday Reflective Sails! No sailing experience needed and first come first serve (12 spots every week… so sing up today!!) Devotion and cast off AT 5:30PM (yes, late arrivals result in tears or a swim:). Text Ryan @ 443-223-7334 to save a spot! (ON HOLD FOR COVID)
- Thursday Special Needs Sailing! 145pm Help us make the bay accessible to all! Text Ryan to volunteer! (ON HOLD FOR COVID)
- 1st Sundays worship at the Unitarian Universalist church on Freedom Blvd, 10am (ON ZOOM FOR COVID)
- This is exciting! Each first Sunday we will engage in a shared service where Rev Ryan (your sweaty sheep guru) and Rev Russ of the uua take 10 min each to reflect on a topic such as doubt, human nature, transcendence etc…
- This time also includes an amazing organic lunch and full array of formative supplemental breakout sessions for each age group centered at diverse faith exploration and inclusivity.
- South Lake Tahoe ski and art retreat… a playful but purposeful learning experience on mental illness! Feb 7-14th (Mental illness retreat!!!)
- Yes… this already happened but we are doing it again this fall so take a look!!
- April 10th: Good Friday Sunset Yoga at Seabright Beach (look for the Sweaty Sheep Banner and bonfire!! text/call Ryan at 443-223-7334 if lost. Yoga 7pm-8pm (all inclusive and bring a mat if you don’t like getting Sandy!). Bonfire and reflective conversation on the easter observance (all faith inclusive) 8pm
- April 12th: Easter Sunday Sail!! 1pm! Text Ryan at 443-223-7334 to reserve a spot (limited to 15ppl)
- May 3rd: Social Distance ending bonfire 6pm Moran Beach
- May 10th: UUA Zoom church : Credo Sunday! (writing your statement of faith)
- May 11th: Shelter in Faith- Rev Ryan is interviewed along with the Santa Cruz zen center swami by legislator John /leopold! 10-1130am- https://www.santacruzpl.org/news/post/1050/
- May 17th: zoom UUA 10am atheism vs agnosticism discussion
- May 24th: Trinity church takeover: Puppet show Sunday! 10am
- Keep up via Facebook “Sweaty Sheep Santa Cruz”