Our Volunteer lead Santa Cruz Sweaty Sheep Program continues to grow, but not without you!!!
Email Ryan@sweatysheep.com if you’d like to learn more about the program or have an interest in leading any number of fun, formative, playful meet ups/intentional communities! We want everything from board games to dancing, Art to hiking, sailing and surfing to knitting and sipping… Get creative and playful… and help us create a holistic community of intentional recreation.
Our Goal is to create a culture of ‘Compassion’ by uniting in ‘Common-Passions’… Using play as the “Common-Unity’ of a more cohesive ‘Community!”
Don’t read any further before you Facebook “Friend” us … everyone loves friends and you don’t want to miss an impromptu surf, sail, or hike invite!!!!
- Unbuntu Acres Gardening days: Tuesdays and Fridays 10-2pm. (activities for all!!!). 335 Golf Club dr.
- Wednesday Reflective Sails! No sailing experience needed and first come first serve (12 spots every week… so sing up today!!) Devotion and cast off AT 1PM (yes, late arrivals result in tears or a swim:). Set Sail with Us!!!/
- Saturday Bible Study Sails: 1pm At P dock (weather dependent… text 443-223-7334 to check the status!)…
- 1st Sundays worship at the Unitarian Universalist church on Freedom Blvd, 10am
- This is exciting! Each first Sunday we will engage in a shared service where Rev Ryan (your sweaty sheep guru) and Rev Russ of the uua take 10 min each to reflect on a topic such as doubt, human nature, transcendence etc…
- This time also includes an amazing organic lunch and full array of formative supplemental breakout sessions for each age group centered at diverse faith exploration and inclusivity.
- Jan 24th: We will be leading a special “Faith & Farming” session at this year’s national Ecofarm conference!!!! https://eco-farm.org
- Jan 27th: Kick off of our partnership with Santa Cruz Universalist Unitarian Fellowship! Come hear about our role reforming the education program and enjoy a sermon by Rev Ryan on ‘doubt…” 1030am, Freedom Blvd.
- Then at 2pm, join us at the vet memorial center at 2pm for a community interfaith gathering with the ‘Tent of Abraham!”
- Feb 3rd: 3-5pm we will be hosting an author and art afternoon for families featuring our ‘Wally the Wave” book! Join for a fun reading, q & A, and watercolor art project integrating special needs friends! Live Oak Branch on Portola.
- Feb 9th: Shared Adv/Sweaty sheep valintine dance! Share the love with you ‘special’ buds at Trinity Church (420 Melrose Ave) 6-8pm!
- Feb 10th: 10:30am Trinity Presbyterian Santa Cruz Takeover! We’ve taken over trinity before and always enjoy their openness to our off the wall ways
- March 3rd: UUA takeover 10am (freedom ave) Topic: ‘Transcendence’
- Keep up via Facebook “Sweaty Sheep Santa Cruz”