Our Volunteer lead Santa Cruz Sweaty Sheep Program continues to grow, but not without you!!!
Email Ryan@sweatysheep.com if you’d like to learn more about the program or have an interest in leading any number of fun, formative, playful meet ups/intentional communities! We want everything from board games to dancing, Art to hiking, sailing and surfing to knitting and sipping… Get creative and playful… and help us create a holistic community of intentional recreation.
Our Goal is to create a culture of ‘Compassion’ by uniting in ‘Common-Passions’… Using play as the “Common-Unity’ of a more cohesive ‘Community!”
Don’t read any further before you Facebook “Friend” us … everyone loves friends and you don’t want to miss an impromptu surf, sail, or hike invite!!!!
- Unbuntu Acres Gardening days: Tuesdays and Fridays 10-2pm. (activities for all!!!). 335 Golf Club dr.
- Wednesday Reflective Sails! No sailing experience needed and first come first serve (12 spots every week… so sing up today!!) Devotion and cast off AT 1PM (yes, late arrivals result in tears or a swim:). Set Sail with Us!!!/
- Saturday Bible Study Sails: 1pm At P dock (weather dependent… text 443-223-7334 to check the status!)…
- 1st Sundays worship at the Unitarian Universalist church on Freedom Blvd, 10am
- This is exciting! Each first Sunday we will engage in a shared service where Rev Ryan (your sweaty sheep guru) and Rev Russ of the uua take 10 min each to reflect on a topic such as doubt, human nature, transcendence etc…
- This time also includes an amazing organic lunch and full array of formative supplemental breakout sessions for each age group centered at diverse faith exploration and inclusivity.
- March 3rd: UUA takeover 10am (freedom blvd) Topic: ‘Transcendence’
- every 1st Sunday we dive into the Unitarian Fellowship as part of our yearlong ‘coming of ages’ spiritual discernment initiative. We hope you join in these times of diverse worship, discussion, and fellowship.
- 11:30am: Potluck lunch and discussion!
- April 24th: Farm Party!!!! 10am-3pm at 335 Golf Club dr. Join in for live music, great food, games and gardening! This is the kickoff of farm season so get excited!
- Tuesdays 330pm: Shared art projects at Hope Services! Join in a time of unity and creativity with some ‘special’ friends!!
- March 15th & Apr 12th: Enroll as a companion! Address loneliness in special needs and senior communities with this exciting Sweaty Sheep initiative! This is part of our year-long ‘Ministry of Loneliness’ commissioning by the county! Read more about this work in this press release
- Learn about our One-Stop Enrollment Flyer – ENG-SPAN
- April 21st: Easter Sunrise Yoga! Cowells Beach! All inclusive beach yoga class at 7am… Coffee at Ideal to follow!!!!
- April 28th: Takeover of Trinity Presbyterian 10:30am on Melrose Ave… Lunch and discussion to follow
- Keep up via Facebook “Sweaty Sheep Santa Cruz”